Blog David MOnteiro

"Little goat’s jump", São Miguel, Azores

10:34 PM David Monteiro 1 Comments Category : , , , ,

One cannot imagine this walk’s beauty before you did it.
The trail is marked to be done in the opposite way then the one I usually do it but I have my reasons. So, start walking at Caldeiras da Ribeira Grande where you can find some fumaroles making bubbles on the outdoor water tanks you can find there is a pleasant way of start this adventure.
I find quite annoying walking on the tar roads. However the surroundings are so lovely that it really doesn’t matter … or maybe I say so because I love the Azores.
Anyway, by the time you arrive at the small electric plant you will have to climb some stairs to walk on a platform on top of some big tubes/pipes.
Well, you can find it odd but you will love it. It will allow you to have a top bottom prespective that will be even better inside of a small canyon you will have to cross.
At the end of the canyon you will find a precious waterfall called Salto do Cabrito “little goat’s jump”.
A gorgeous place.
David Monteiro

RELATED POSTS

1 comments

  1. How long is it? where can I find more detailed information about the trail?
    Obrigada!

    ReplyDelete